On this page you’ll find resources and ideas to get your whole community involved in monitoring emissions and reporting pollution.
Each of these resource pages includes a summary of why and how to use each tool, as well as examples of groups that used this tool and the results they had.
Community Monitoring and Testing
Getting the whole community involved in monitoring and reporting pollution impacts gets people involved and increases the pressure on the company.
- Postcards & Letters- A tool for neighbours to tell the company personally of the impact pollution has on their lives.
- Community pollution logs / calendars - To help track pollution and demonstrate the impact on the community.
- White Flag Campaign – A popular visible community air pollution monitoring and support campaign.
- Tree Lichen campaign – A low cost community campaign to measure and map air quality.
To improve the quality of reporting pollution to regulators, community members can be equipped with simple tools.
- Stackwatch – A tool to help monitor and track facility processes and visible air emissions.
- Odourwatch – A tool to help residents identify and report odour emissions.